In my work I’ve realized that anyone can benefit from counseling. Many people I work with are successful in parts of their lives, yet recognize that everyone has the potential to grow and get more from relationships and from life.
They may be people much like you. They have come to realize that unhealthy relationships dramatically affect our satisfaction and quality of life. Some are unhappy with part of their life. Many have tried most everything they know to solve the problems they face. They still find things are not getting better and they need things to get better, rather than continuing to feel stuck.
I want you to know that things can change. Meeting together does not mean that you or your family are broken, but rather that you are ready for something different.
Board Approved Supervisor
MFC#45831 (California Board of Behavioral Sciences),
Board Approved Supervisor
- Group Therapy
- Marriage / Engagement Counseling
- Adoptive families
- Parenting Support & Family transitions
- Trauma (including its effect on couples)
- Grief & Loss
Scott is an engaging and respected speaker on relationships, attachment, parenting, and trauma. Presentations are often tailored for organizations combining current research & dynamic psycho-education with options for experiential learning and engaging interactive process. Training and group experiences are offered for parents, mental health professionals, churches, and other interested groups.
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- “Parenting with the Brain in Mind” – Infant Mental Health Professionals (2013)
- “Engaging Your Child’s Whole Brain: Ways to Nurture Your Child When They Flip their Lid” – Parent Training (2013)
- “Trauma Informed Care” – Mental Health Staff Training (2011)
- “Abuse Reporting and Responding to Suicidal Ideation in Group members” – Outreach Group Leaders (2011)
- “Therapeutic Parenting” – Mental Health Staff In-Service (2011)
- “Surviving to Thriving: Trauma-Informed Parenting” – Parent Training (2010)
- “Trauma-Informed Treatment” – Mental Health Staff Training (2010)
- “Marriage and Relationships” – Undergraduate course guest lecturer (2010)
- “Crisis Management and Suicide Intervention” – Presentation for mental health trainees (2009)
- “Traumatic Stress” – Presentation for mental health trainees (2009)
- “Secrets of Sex, Love, and Marriage” – Marriage class co-facilitator (2008)
- “Changes That Heal” – Relationship Recovery Course (2007)
- “Self-Care and Burnout” – Ministry Staff Training (2007)
- “Codependent No More” – Relationship Recovery Course (2006)
- “Facilitating Multi-Family Groups” – Presentation for mental health trainees (2005)